Do you love to try local food and love long walks in nature? Then, you may enjoy hiking for the best Käsespätzle in Vorarlberg! The second tiniest state in Austria is such an amazing summer destination! Endless hiking trails, beautiful sceneries, friendly locals, fresh air: this place is a fairytale.
Summer in Vorarlberg is so much about hiking! With time in between to just charge your batteries, enjoying what else: connecting with the nature.
Hiking My Way For The Best Käsespätzle In Vorarlberg Austria
While in Bregenzerwald – Bregenz Forest, we had an amazing hike from Schetteregg (part of Egg village) to a remote little village with no shops, just an Inn, 30 houses, a few locals and hundreds of cows, of course: The village name is Schönbach and the Inn – Jagdgasthaus Egender.
As we also spent the night in there, we (me and my girl friend) had each a backpack with change clothes beside all the camera equipment.
- Some snacks
- Comfortable shoes (trainers works fine) and sport gear in layers: at noon was so hot, yet in the night the temperatures drop significantly.
- Sunscreen, hat, sunglases
- Vorarlberg App – works offline too. Yet we didn’t use it was all the trail was so well marked as we were able to find the way with no additional help!
- Champagne – little bottles, to celebrate being here, we did as it was way too beautiful!
How long it usually takes for the hike: 3 hours
How long it took us: 5. This due to our countless stops to admire the view and take pictures, couldn’t stop!
The hike was spectacular: we passes waterfalls, mountains, saw hundreds of cows, mountain bikers, beautiful little villages. It was a dream and the weather fantastic in the middle of June 2017.
And when we arrived… we found the most beautiful Alpine village: Schönenbach
Here you share the village with hundreds very curious and fearless of cows. The landscape is incredible beautiful truly wonderful and the only restaurant just perfect!
I cannot describe the pleasure and joy to just stay here on the terrace, to look at the Alps in this ocean of green and to hear the cow’s bells.
Käsespätzle: dumplings with a lot of cheese and fried onion, prepared in the oven. Is very very tasty. We also took meat and apple strudel and salad and lots of beer! And then just spent the night here, which was really perfect!
- Featured2017.12.12Travel Light Longchamp Le Pliage Bags Are Bare Necessities
- Corfu island2017.12.05Greek Night in the Traditional Tripa Tavern Corfu Kinopiastes Village
- Cuba2017.12.04Cuba For Solo Female Travelers: Two Weeks Alone and Independent
- Austria2017.12.025 Things To Do While Visiting Bregenz Forest Vorarlberg Austria